Relief Money in Response to the Earthquake Centered in the Kumamoto Region of Kumamoto Prefecture 2016
Following the Earthquake Centered in the Kumamoto Region of Kumamoto Prefecture 2016, the Government of Japan decided to accept relief money from foreign governments, foreign individuals, companies and Japanese residents abroad, in the following manner:
Information regarding Account of Consulate-General of Japan in Atlanta for Relief Money
- 1. Consulate-General of Japan in Atlanta has opened the following account to accept relief money until March 31, 2018.
**Please note: The relief money received by the Consulate-General of Japan in Atlanta will be sent to the account of the Government of Japan later.
(Note 2) After relief money is received by the Consulate General of Japan in Atlanta and sent to the account of the Government of Japan, the money will be delivered to the affected people through local governments.
Bank Name：Bank of America
ABA Number：026009593 (For wires only)
Bank Address：3414 Peachtree Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30326
Beneficiary Name：Consulate General of Japan-Atlanta Kumamoto
Beneficiary Address：3438 Peachtree Rd NE, Ste 850, Atlanta GA, 30326
- 2. If you wish to obtain a receipt, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that contains the following:
1. Subject: Request for Receipt
2. Your name
3. The amount of the relief money
4. The date when the relief money was donated
5. The name of the bank from which the relief money was transferred
2. Relief Money Acceptance Account by Local Governments of the Affected Area
- Local governments of the affected area have also opened accounts to accept donations. Please check websites of each local governments for more information. If you wish to see the information of the account opened by Kumamoto Prefecture, which is one of the most severely affected areas, please check the following website.