INVITATION PROGRAM FOR JAPANESE AMERICAN STUDENTS (June/July 2018)
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Deadline for receipt of applications: Tuesday, April 17, 2018
Applicants living in: Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, or South Carolina* should send their applications by email to email@example.com, fax to 404-240-4311 or mail to the Consulate General of Japan in Atlanta at the address below. Please note "Application for the Japanese American Students Invitation Program" on the front of the envelope if you mail the application.
Consulate General of Japan in Atlanta
Phipps Tower, Suite 850
3438 Peachtree Road
Atlanta, GA 30326
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 404-240-4300.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan
From June 23 to July 3, 2018
Purpose of This Program:
1) Provide Japanese American students with an opportunity to learn various aspects of Japan (politics, economy, society, history, culture, language, etc.).
2) Promote mutual understanding and exchanges between Japanese and Japanese American younger generations.
Number of Participants:
- Japanese American High school students
- *High school students with multi racial background are highly encouraged to apply.
- Individuals who hold American Nationality and who do not hold Japanese Nationality
- Individuals who have a strong interest in Japan
- Individuals who lack opportunity and need assistance to learn about Japan, and
- Individuals who were not previously invited to Japan by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan on the same program
Location of Home-Stay:
- “Kanto” area
Expenses to be Covered:
- Round-trip air ticket (Economy class) between US-Japan**
- **Airport Tax, Fuel surcharge included
- Transportation fee within Japan
- Hotel and meals, Excursion fee, Insurance
Expenses not to be Covered:
Passport issuance fee, transportation between your home and its nearest airport, communication expenses, expenses of mini-bar and other hotel services, expenses of anything used for your private purpose
|June 23||Departure from the United States|
|June 24||Arrival at Narita|
|June 25||Visit Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan/Tokyo Tour|
|June 26||Visit Japanese High School|
|June 27||Trip to Kansai Area|
|June 28||Trip to Kansai Area|
|June 29||Trip to Kansai Area/Home Stay|
|June 30||Home Stay|
|July 1||Home Stay|
|July 2||Tokyo Tour|
|July 3||Departure from Japan|
***Subject to change. To be confirmed later.